Mary A. Turzillo
Writer and poet
Read Mary's blog
Here's my new collection, coming out from Omnium Gatherum, October 15:
Mary's recent Elgin-Award-winning collection of poetry, Lovers and Killers, is available from Dark Regions Press
- Mary's poem "The Legend of the Emperors New Space Suit (a tale of consensus reality)" (from New Myths), was third-place winner of the SFPA 2012 Rhysling award, and appears in The
Rhysling Anthology 2012.
- Mary's story "Pride" was on the Nebula ballot for 2007.
- Mary's poem "Dash" won a second place on the 1996 Rhysling ballot.
- Mary's poems "Tohuko Tsunami," "Galatea," and "Going Viral" were on the 2013 Rhysling ballot and appear in The Rhysling Anthology 2013.
- Mary's most recent collaboration with poet and artist Marge Simon, The ‹bercat and Dragon Owner's Manual, appeared from Sam's Dot publications, which also published their book The Dragon's Dictionary
- Mary's novelette, "The Sugar," a 2009 Nebula nominee, is available here.
Mary's tribute to Philip Josť Farmer, with photo.
- "Chocolate Kittens from Mars" is available in Space and Time:
the Magazine of Fantasy, Horror, and Science Fiction, #107, Summer 2009.
appeared in George Scithers' purr-inducing feline fiction anthology, Cat
Tales, Wildside, September 2008. It also appears in the Eurocon
2009 souvenir book, The Deep Space Traveler's Guide.
- Two of the poems in Your
Cat and Other Space Aliens ("We Made Poetry" and
"Snow after False Spring Again") appear in The
Rhysling Anthology 2008.
- "Matchbook," also from Your Cat and Other
Space Aliens, was selected for Moving Minds:
the Verse and Vision Project which features poetry on
Cleveland RTA busses.
- Ewaipanoma, my novelette of alien contact in the age of Elizabeth, is now out
Babies" (little story about Williams Syndrome and bonsai
babies) is now available for your listening shudders at www.pseudopod.org.
- "Digging up Galileo" appeared on New
Verse News on January 30 (Galileo's birthday).
a career as a professor of English at Kent State University, Dr. Mary
A. Turzillo is now a full-time writer. In 2000, her story "Mars Is No
Place for Children" won SFWA's Nebula
award for best novelette. Her novel An
Old-Fashioned Martian Girl was serialized in Analog
in July-Nov 2004. These two works have been selected as recreational reading on the International Space Station.
Mary's Pushcart-nominated collection of poetry, Your
Cat & Other Space Aliens, appeared from VanZeno
Press in 2007. Her collaborative book of poetry/art, Dragon
Soup, written with Marge Simon, appears from VanZeno
Mary's collection Lovers & Killers,
in addition to winning the Elgin Award, was also on the Stoker ballot
and contains "The Hidden," second place winner in the Dwarf Stars award
for 2012, plus two Rhysling nominees "Tohuko Tsunami," "Galatea."
Cover for Your Cat
& Other Space Aliens, 2007 ......... Cover for Dragon
them from vanZeno!
Mary A. Turzillo
Photo by Mike Benveniste 2003
Photos of Mary A. Turzillo at the
with Anne McCaffrey at the Nebulas in 2005.
Mary in winter.
Mary with Lurker
Mary in Edinburgh, with Robert Jack and Nick Underwood, (2/3 of) the
cast of the Theatre
Modo production of Ubu Roi, performing at the Festival Fringe,
Under her academic alias of Professor Mary T. Brizzi,
she has written
numerous academic papers and journal articles, and is the author of two
nonfiction books, Reader's Guide to Anne McCaffrey
and Reader's Guide to Philip Josť Farmer,
both from Starmont Press.
In July 2001, Mary was one of the instructors at the Clarion
Science Fiction and Fantasy Writers' workshop , along with
Geoffrey A. Landis, Steven Barnes, James Patrick Kelly, Kelly Link, and
Mary at the Rio Hondo Workshop
Mary Godzilla Theme Song
Science Fiction and
Fantasy Writers of America
SFWA WebRing site is owned by Mary A.
Previous 5 Sites |
Skip Previous |
Skip Next |
Next 5 Sites |
Random Site ]